Have you ever wanted to play piano for you church?
Introducing our Gospel Piano Beginner Course
In this Gospel Piano Beginner Course, taught by Stephen Felton, we get granular with teaching you the ultimate basics on how to approach Gospel, even if you've never played piano before! You'll learn:
- Bare basics of piano keys and scales;
- Easy-to-play chords commonly used in Gospel;
- How these easy chords show up in popular Gospel songs;
- How to recognize skips, steps, leaps, key changes in notes, and how to copy those changes on the piano, and;
- How to add both the chords and the melody of a Gospel song together!
- How to back up the preacher in different keys
- How to play variations of shouting music
- How to play songs with more complicated "jazzier" chords
- How to play songs on your own, and so much more!
By the time you finish this easy Gospel Piano Beginner Course, you'll be able to:
- Play your first few of Gospel songs in record time, both hands together;
- How to break down the chords of easier Gospel songs and play those chords on the piano;
- Get the foundations needed to play easy riffs and runs;
- Feel more confident with knowing your way around the piano from a Gospel angle!
- Start applying what you learn to performing in your church!
StartHalf Steps and Whole Steps (1:13)
StartMajor and Minor Scale Formula (3:46)
StartC Major Scale (Left Hand) (8:01)
StartC Major Scale (Right Hand) (6:24)
StartC Major Scale (Both Hands Together) (2:00)
StartC Harmonic Minor Scale (Left Hand) (6:04)
StartC Harmonic Minor Scale (Right Hand) (7:55)
StartC Harmonic Minor Scale (Both Hands Together) (2:06)